If you have back pain, it can be an excruciating daily nuisance. You’d do anything to get rid of it, just for a moment of relief.
But what are your options? And which one is best for you? We’ve compiled a list of the most common treatment options for back pain below from the experts at Alliance Spine and Pain Centers.
Best Options for Treating Back Pain
- Topical pain relievers are an option many find helpful. These creams or ointments that you rub onto the skin of your painful spot can often alleviate pain quickly and effectively.
- Many doctors will offer prescriptions to help, whether those are pain, relaxer, or anti-depressant focused. With the opioid crisis on the rise in America, fewer doctors are willing to prescribe options like opioids. This decline is for a good reason! It’s good to know this before discussing your treatment options, just in case you were expecting one pill to take care of all of your pain.
- Cortisone injections are popular for persistent back pain that also travels down the legs. These injections provide relief and numbing directly to the areas that need it the most.
- Physical therapists have often been enlisted to help exercise the pain away, especially if it’s due to issues like posture or recovering from an accident.
- For those sufferers who have severe and crippling enough back pain, surgery may be the only viable option.
- Lifestyle changes can also make a world of a difference. Changing what you eat and the way you exercise might help to change your pain.
- Some alternative options often can
help specific patients, which include:
- Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
- Laser Therapy.
- Biofeedback Therapy.
If you have any more questions about the most common treatment options for back pain, Alliance Spine and Pain is here to help. Reach out to any of our pain-alleviating specialists by clicking here or by giving us a call at 770-929-9033.