The Most Common Reasons to Visit Pain Specialists
For most people, when a major injury occurs, the first thing they think to do is visit their primary care physician or, in worst-case scenarios, go to the emergency room. But for those who deal with chronic pain, meaning their pain is a daily occurrence, then a primary care physician may not cut it.
This is where pain specialists, or pain management doctors, come in. These physicians are experts at managing both chronic pain and recovering processes from major accidents. At Alliance Spine and Pain Centers, our team is full of trusted medical professionals who are experts at helping patients to return to normal function and an active lifestyle. Our providers work to correct the cause of chronic pain, not just mask it.
But why might you need to visit our offices? We’re explaining the most common reasons to visit pain specialists below.
Why Do You Visit a Pain Management Doctor?
Here are the common reasons to visit pain specialists:
- Diagnose chronic pain issues, such as osteoporosis and scoliosis.
- Develop treatment plans for chronic pain issues, such as radiofrequency neurotomy or superion.
- Receive surgeries for injuries or pain, such as proactive discogram or percutaneous vertebroplasty.
- Require prescriptions for medications of pain management, only if absolutely necessary. However, Alliance Spine and Pain Centers is committed to ending the war against opioids through stringent prescription guidelines and effective non-narcotic solutions.
- Develop a relationship with a physician to prevent future pain from arising.
If you’re struggling with chronic pain or would like to make your first visit to a pain management physician, the experts at Alliance Spine and Pain Centers are here to help. Give us a call at 770-929-9033 or click here to schedule an appointment.